- Green papaya salad is flexible. You can make it mild or spicy. Add some protein like grilled chicken, beef or shrimp. Experiment with different herbs – swap in some mint for the cilantro. It all comes out great.
- It’s fermented or cultured! Choosing fermented fish sauce, fermented carrots and/or fermented garlic boosts the probiotic content in this salad. We need all the probiotic diversity we can get!.
- Papayas are Rich in the Digestive Enzyme Papain. This helps digest proteins, breaks down deposits on the teeth, resolves mucus and has a strong anti-parasitic action (which helps strengthens the immune system). Papain also is one of the primary ingredients of meat tenderizers globally. Papaya is rich in vitamin C, A and E, and has high antioxidant content..
- Garlic. Garlic helps reduce pathogenic bacteria, yeasts and parasites, as well as gastric problems like colitis. Garlic also promotes circulation and growth of beneficial flora. It also helps eliminate toxins such as heavy metals including lead and mercury.
- Carrots. High in essential minerals, enzymes and vitamins. Carrots also help with indigestion and heartburn. Carrots are also a rich source of beta-carotene, which protects against cancer and infections. It is known to eliminate excess LDL cholesterol from the walls of blood vessels.
- Fermented Fish Sauce. Known to enhance the flavor of a dish without giving it a fishy taste. Fish sauce supplies all the essential minerals and vitamins present in fish and which are enhanced by the fermentation process.
Let’s go make some!