Chocolicious! Gluten and Grain Free
We love these for special occasions. This particular variation with chocolate and banana is quite decadent!
Servings 12 muffins
- 6 Pastured eggs
- 1-2 Ripe bananas sliced
- 2 tbsp Organic cocoa powder or equivalent of dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- .5 cup Butter melted (liquid)
- 2 tbsp Grade B maple syrup
- .5 tsp Himalayan salt
- .5 cup Coconut flour
- .25 tsp Baking soda
Preheat oven to 350°F
Blend all ingredients. With the Blendtec, jadd all the ingredients to the jar and select the batter setting. Make sure it is well blended. It may need two cycles. Alternatively, whisk eggs, butter/coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup together. Blend dry ingredients together separately. Mash bananas well and then combine all ingredients to form the batter.
Adjust consistency of batter with filtered water if needed. It should be smooth and pourable.
In muffin tin (make sure these are well oiled with butter or coconut oil) or if using silicon cup holders, than just pour the batter into the cups.
Fill to about 2/3 full. Do not overfill. (This can lead to a big mess)
Bake for 35 minutes or until the center when pierced with a toothpick comes out clean.
* If you are not a huge fan of the taste of coconut, try Wilderness Family Naturals Organic Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil. This tastes neutral and has no odor.