Our Favorite Kraut Salad
Are you looking for an easy way to try kraut? This recipe combines the sour tang of kraut with a bit of sweetness from fresh carrots and raisins and a bit of seasoning to mellow it all out. I have served this numerous times to people “who don’t like kraut” but gobble this up. Feel free to modify and make this to your own family’s tastes.
Servings 4 people
- .75 cup raw sauerkraut this must be raw to get the live probiotics
- .5 cup raw, julienned carrots
- small handful organic raisins or other finely chopped dried fruit
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- .25 tsp minced garlic optional
- 1 spalsh pickle brine optional
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Chill for 30 minutes to let the flavors come together.
Garnish with a sprig of herbs (chives, dill, cilantro) if you have some handy.